Good Dental Health Begins With an Exam
Regular dental exams and cleaning visits are the best way to prevent dental problems and ensure healthy teeth and gums. Besides being checked for cavities, Dr. Mari and her staff perform other evaluations and procedures including:
• Screen for oral cancer
• Check for gum disease
• Check restorations
• Remove tartar and plaque
• Polish teeth
• Examine diagnostic x-rays
• Review medical history
• Review diet
Dental appliances are essential to fill gaps created by missing teeth. If there’s no compensation for a missing tooth, other teeth migrate toward the opening, the jaw bone gives way and other problems can develop. Dr. Mari has several options when it comes to replacing missing teeth. She will consult with you and together, you will determine which path best suits your needs. Options include:
• Permanent bridges – These are cemented to teeth on either side of the gap left by a missing tooth.
• Removable bridges – This is the most economical option and a good solution for replacing one or more missing teeth.
• Implants – An artificial root is placed in the jaw during a surgical procedure. Then an artificial tooth is attached on the implant for a natural look and feel.
• Dentures – This is used when most or all of the teeth are missing on the top, bottom or both.